November 03, 2011

Walk in the leaves

Now that the weather is turning colder, our walks downtown have gotten less frequent.  It felt like the weather went from 80 one day to 55 the next.  For about two weeks we didn't walk at all.  We have braved the wind and cool weather a couple of times though.  Last time we went back to MN I picked up winter jackets and snow pants for the kids.  I'm not sure what happened to Grace's winter coat, either it didn't end up in the box or it is here somewhere and I just haven't found it yet.  Fortunately it hasn't snowed yet so wearing two hoodies seems to be working out. 

JJ stays pretty warm in his carseat/stroller with his blanket tucked around his little legs.  I kind of envy him in his little cocoon.  Micah looks even more padded in his puffy winter coat, he is like a teddy bear. 


Grace had fun walking through the piles of fallen leaves.  She ran around throwing them in the air, at Micah and at me.  So far it has been pretty nice for November.  Yes, it is cold in the morning and we have been seeing frost on the grass but for a couple of hours around noon it is down right nice out. 



My favorite stroller has been in the vehicle Eric takes to work and I always forget to take it out when he comes home at night.  So even though it has been unseasonably nice, we have not been walking much.  (I would rather be driving Eric's fancy pickup than walking anyway, shhh don't tell anyone!)  Hopefully the nice weather will continue so we can keep walking for the rest of fall.  

2 comments:

  1. Can smell the leaves as you describe your walks!! Congrats on the new home...you know God gave you the desire of your heart just like Scripture says He will! However, it is His timing!

    Lots 'O Love! G&G D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take my girls for a walk every day too as long as it's not raining. They seem so much happier if they get outside for a while every day. Not sure how much longer it will continue. Enjoy your walks!

    ReplyDelete