JJ has his rounds in the camper. Starting in the kid's room he digs a couple things out of the toy box then takes one or two things off the shelf. He usually spends some time there talking and bouncing around. Next he moves down the hallway, always checking to see if the bathroom door is open. Finding that closed he races for his favorite thing, the plastic bowls stored at just the right height. I have tried to make him understand he can't play with them but he is a little too young to get it. Bowls lying around the house bother me so I pick them up several times every day. Picking them up makes me feel like I'm doing my part to clean up clutter. Every time I put the bowls back JJ knows instantly and is immediately re-interested in them.
Then it is on to either the garbage can to pull on the corners of the bag that hang down the side or under the table to see if there is anything new and interesting under there. He really likes to be under the table for some reason. When he started pulling himself up he went for the table leg first.
He really likes to play with anyone who will sit still long enough to play with him. Grace and Micah are his favorites but they can get up on things he can't reach, like the table, beds and the couch. Cody and Lilah are on the floor most of the time so he has pretty easy access to them. Poor old Cody is blind and can't see JJ coming but fortunately he is very mild mannered and lets JJ play with his ears and use his fur to pull himself up.
I have read, and since observed, that very young children don't always play with other kids, just near other kids. That is true for the most part so I am always interested when it looks like JJ is playing with either of the other kids. When I took this picture I thought it looked so cute how JJ was up on his knees watching what Micah was doing with his toy. Micah is just starting to move out of playing near to playing with so he didn't even notice at first. I hope that they will like to play together when they get older too!

Love your chats about your babes...you are very observant and I learn new things from you...great pics...it will be fun when Grandpa can finally visit on our trip in April!
ReplyDeleteLove & stuff, G&G D.