November 05, 2011

Shameless Product Plug - Lotion

Today's shameless product plug is for my most favorite lotion of all time.  Until the day that I am rich and famous and can develop a line of lotion that not only works well to heal and sooth dry, itchy winter skin but also comes in a wide varity of scents tempting enough for even the most discriminating taste, this lotion is what I use.  It only comes in one, nameless, scent.  It is not bad, just ordenary.  Scents sometimes bother me so I was aprehensive when I ordered this lotion because I could not smell it before ordering.  It is fine though, to tell the truth, it hardly has any smell at all. 


 My skin, like many people, gets really dry during the long dry winters common in the frozen north.  I spend most of the winter trying to get enough lotion on to my hands and feet to ward off the ineveitable sandpaper-like texture they usually aquire.  Although my hand still feel a little scratchy sometimes I blame it on hand-washing dishes.  My feet stay a lot softer than they did before this lotion.  I am fully aware that not everything works for every person so I am not going to claim that this stuff works wonders for everyone, it just has worked very well for me. 

It comes in three sizes so I can have it with me all the time :)  The large pump one stays at home.  The middle sized one comes with in my bathroom bag when I travel and the little on is always in my purse.    Like the laundry soap last week, this lotion is not in stores, it has to be ordered from Melaluca.  The large 20oz bottle is $23, medium sized 8oz bottle is $14.50 and the 1oz travel size is $3.  Not cheap, I know but well worth the cost.  If you happen to be a member of Melaluca (prefered shopper I think it is called) they are $16, $10 & $1.80. 

Someday when I find the lotion of my dreams that works as well as this stuff but comes in a wide varity of scents I will sing its praises in my blog.  Until that day I will be happy with this lotion.

1 comment:

  1. How did you first find this product?? A woman that owns her own beauty salon and makes her own products...said one of the best off the counter products she has found is Cetaphil...similar to "Dramatically Different Moisturizing Cream" I've used for years from Clinique products.

    GG D

    ReplyDelete