November 13, 2011

Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents

Little Hazel does not look as little standing over JJ.  She was very interested in him.  I think it is so funny how little kids don't picture themselves as a little kid.  We stayed with Eric's parents for a couple days so they had a pizza party while everyone was home.  All the cousins were there.


Maybe some day these kids will be begging to eat at the adult table.  Today they love being just out of sight.  I was actually very impressed with how much food they all ate.  A group of cousins is typically enough to squelch the most voracious appetite in favor of horsing around.  They do love pizza though and did a good job on both the pizza and the fruit. 

Grace loves spending time with her aunts and uncles.  Her and Micah got to sleep over at Rena's with their little cousin the first night we were back.  I can't tell you how excited they were to stay over there, Grace talked about it for weeks before we went!


Micah didn't care if he went with Grace or not, all he cares about is the farm and Grandpa.  If he spends every possible second at the farm the chances he gets to ride in a tractor increase.  When we told him that he and Grace were going to get to stay at their auntie's house he said: Grace stay there, I go to the farm.  I know he had fun with Grace but the ultimate goal is to be at the farm. 



It was fun to spend a couple of days in a real house with someone else cooking for us.  I don't really mind the camper but I'm not going to lie, a house is better.  I'm grateful to Eric's parents for letting us stay with them, it is nice to visit with his mom and dad.  We had a nice weekend, Eric was happy that he got a deer!

2 comments:

  1. Come again,any time...we all like Pizza Parties and playing with the babes.

    OXOX G & G D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about little kids not picturing themselves as little. I was telling the boys that you are coming to visit and mentioned that you were bringing JJ who is still a baby and we haven't met him yet. They both yelled, "eeewww!!! A baby!"

    ReplyDelete