Little did I know this one little knife would be my favorite kitchen tool. I checked online and Target still carries this exact piece (http://www.target.com/p/OXO-PARING-KNIFE-SW/-/A-13567295 ). Per Target.com the online price is a measly $5.34 probably the same in store. I have made a point to keep it sharp so it is still serving me well. I like that the handle is textured so it does not slide around when I have wet hands, like when peeling potatoes. It is also kind of a soft rubber feel, my mom is going to make fun of me for commenting on how it feels but I like it. It is a nice length for most of the small cutting, paring and peeling jobs I do daily. In fact, although we have knives of several lengths, I tend to chose this one even when it is maybe not the most correct knife for the job.
My knife suffered a brutal mutilation this spring. I came home from a weekend away and found the people that had painted our house over the weekend dug it out and used it. I can only guess what they were trying to do with it but whatever it was, the result was the tip breaking off. I couldn't possibly throw it away so it is still in the drawer and still used every day. True, it can't dig out the eyes in potatoes the way it used to but it's still my favorite knife! One of these days I will break down and spend the $5.34 and get myself a new one.

That is a great knife...used it alot when I watched babes at your house.
ReplyDeleteWendy