We painted the living room shortly before we got married and I moved into Eric's house. We both were envisioning a subtle sage green. Unfortunately for us, we had almost no experience in painting and ended up with the wrong color. Not only is the green much closer to a dark hunter than we really wanted, it is shiny. I know now that I prefer eggshell to semi-gloss. So I have come to the conclusion that it is time to change it up! Here are a couple views of the current living room. Yes, we have two small children, thus the plethora of kids stuff. I even threw all the toys from the floor into a box.



I am not planning on changing anything else in the room at this point. We should get something different for the windows as the curtains have a couple holes and are kind of old but it's not urgent. My problem is that I am terrible with decorating and design. It may take a while before I can figure out what to do. I would like to paint with a lighter color because almost all the furniture in the room is dark and two wall are paneled (a project for another day). Any ideas out there? The house is for sale so it is possible that it could sell before I get around to doing anything. Also, any ideas for the paneling? Is the only option taking it off? I have seen paneling painted but don't know if that is the way I want to go.
You could have a painting potluck party!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Mom D.
Its funny because I used to love eggshell but now I cannot stop with the semi gloss. The shininess makes me happy. Hahah.
ReplyDeleteThat said I think you should definitely paint the paneling, its a major detractor to buyers because it looks dated and people don't like messing around with paneling, as you well know! If you paint it the same color as the other walls it will be almost invisible, or you could paint it white to give the room a cottagey feel. If there is sheetrock or plaster behind the paneling (which more often than not there isn't) it will need to be majorly patched and repaired which will cost much more money and time. Kilz the paneling first and then paint!! I think you should go for a lovely light gray or tan color to complement the couch color and make your nice tv cabinet stand out!!
Just my two cents take it or leave it!!