November 10, 2009

Play House

The other day I was thinking: Wouldn't it be fun to make a box into a playhouse for Grace? I wonder where I could get a big box??? Then I went down to the garage to throw something out and almost tripped over the box my glider rocker came in. That box has been sitting down there for maybe two months, why didn't I think of it right away?

Grace and Micah were both asleep so I got busy with a knife and some packing tape. This is the box play house dreams are made of! I would have died to have a box this nice when I was little. We had a water heater box once when we were really little and I don't remember what happened with it but we probably used it until it fell apart.

Grace was not nearly as excited about it as I was. It took her a couple of days to warm up to it. She sometimes puts her chair in it for something to sit on. Most of the time she runs in, pokes her head out of one of the windows and yells: Lila! Until the dog comes running. Sometimes she sits in it and eats her crackers.

Sometimes she makes funny faces at me.

Not in the box, but cute so it's here too. If this little girl ran up to you and said: Monie? would you be able to tell her no? One of these days I will have my camera near by when she runs around having a conversation on the remote, she likes to pretend it is a phone.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, I remember the thrill of a box house. Although, nothing can quite compare to our old chicken coop playhouse. Remember when we "discovered" there was a wood floor under the "dirt" we had been chiseling through?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, your so creative! I love it!
    I think I shall send Remy your way for a few days so that Gracie can teach him the wonders of "monie". I sooooo wish he would watch t.v. but perhaps he is a little too hyper...a' la Seth when he was little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big pieces of cardboard make great sleds for sliding down snow hills, too - worked great at the Pine River lumber mill sawdust pile! Grace is just tooooo sweet - are so enjoying her being here again with Micah.

    Love, G & G Duske

    ReplyDelete