November 14, 2009

Banana Muffins

Can you read this: Good luck! As you can see I am no camera expert. Today we are making banana muffins. Side note: I love DVR because my favorite channel is the Food Network and when I see a recipe I like I can just pause the show while I write it down. These muffins are from Everyday Italian.

First mix up the dry ingredients. Mix, mix, mix.

The best thing to do now is to mash up four of the ugliest bananas you have ever seen. These were frozen which increases the ugliness by ten fold.

The recipe calls for: three eggs, room temperature. Like anyone has time for that!

Now, mix up the sugar, eggs, vanilla and oil. That's oil I'm pouring into the bowl.

Per the recipe I mixed in the dry ingredients half at a time. Another side note: I sometimes hate Blogger, I just accidentally removed the picture that was supposed to go here. Now the only way I know to get it back in the correct order is to delete all the pictures and add them again. Not happening! Imagine there is a picture of me mixing the dry ingredients into the wet.
Don't mix too much or you will end up with tough muffins (or so says Everyday Italian). Last, add the mashed bananas.
Next, have your toddler put paper liners in the muffin tins. This is fascinating and will take at least ten minuets.
Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full. Beautiful, another shining example of my less than professional camera skills.


Grace watched them carefully, we wouldn't want burned muffins! (Between putting papers in the muffin tins and watching the muffins cook Grace had a bath. Isn't her curly hair to die for?)


Mmmmmm, hot muffins! They are best hot because the tops are a little crispy, they get softer as they sit and cool. Eat them all while they are still warm and you won't have to miss the delightful crispy tops.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing AWESOME with this blog a day thing! I am so impressed!
    Also I think a lot of the camera thing is that we don't have good quality cameras. I think we should both buy new ones together. I have been eyeing the Canon Rebel at Target. Make sure you get an SLR camera though. The cheapest Canon Rebel is $399. Ouch. I am hoping I can talk Nic into making it our joint Christmas present because he wants a nice camera too. Maybe you can work your charm on Eric, hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they were nummy! Emmit and Gracie shared one, too! Great for snacks - you are such a good cook/baker!

    oxoxo Grandma D.

    ReplyDelete