
Today is my mom's birthday, I will not say how old she is but it's a big one! Other than my mother being born, other notable events from that year include Alaska and Hawaii becoming states. I am pretty sure that the only states I know the date of statehood are Alaska and Hawaii!
Anyway, enough of the geography lesson for today and on to more important things. There are not many things my mother loves more than her grand kids. Here is a short selection of pictures of Mom with them. The picture above is of Remy. Below is my daughter Grace as a newborn. (Disclaimer, I have a disproportionate number of pictures of my kids with grandma. I do not mean to exclude the other three grandkids, that is just what happens to be in my collection).
Here are grandsons numbers one and four, Jackson and Micah. Four of mom's five grandkids are boys!
Playing in the sun with Tucker and Grace.
And I have to throw this one in there too. Mom and Anna will remember what the story is with this picture! Here is a question, which one of these three is the mom?
Mom, I hope you have a very happy birthday and I am sorry that we can not be there to celebrate it with you. Thank you for everything you have done for all of us kids over the years and for being a good example of a Godly mother and wife. I hope that I can be half the mother and wife you are. I love you!
Well, my dear, you're off to a very good start - your mother can be proud of you - we are, too!
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy Birthday Kay!!
Love to all - Cliff & Wendy