At long last the day has come. All of the eager anticipation and careful planning will come to an end this afternoon. My sister Rachel, her friend Molly and I will be meeting The Pioneer Woman at the MOA today! If everything goes as planned, Anna's adventure did not turn out as well as she had hoped. We have extra back-up though, Rachel is bringing her husband to watch her son and I conned my husband into watching my daughter at home today so I will only have the baby. Waiting in line for several hours with nothing better to do than talk does not sound like the best place to have a toddler.
The Pioneer Woman is a blogger that us girls have been following. She just completed a cookbook and is on a national book signing tour. Our stop is about half way through the tour and judging from pictures of the other places she has been, we are going to be standing in line for a long time! I picked up my cookbook Thursday night after work, it is such a fun read. There are tons of pictures because she takes pictures of each step of the cooking process. Poor Anna didn't get a chance to have hers signed so she sent her book with her husband back East to hand off to Rachel. He has been so busy working he did not have a chance to get the book to Rachel, thwarted again!
It will be fun to catch up with Rachel and Molly. Added bonus, I am bringing our exchange student Lucas with me. I feel bad for him most weekends because he just has to sit and do nothing all day, we run all week and have no desire to do anything on the weekend. Not the best social situation for a teenager. So he gets to get out this weekend, he is bringing two of his friends from school with too. It will be interesting trying to squish four full sized people and a baby car seat into my little car for over an hour on the drive. Wish us luck! I am so excited to see the Pioneer Woman that I don't really care, also as the only licenced driver, I am guaranteed a front seat.
Hopefully I will have pictures of our adventure tomorrow, check back to find out!
No comments:
Post a Comment