March 08, 2011

Haircut, the continuing story...

When I was young and my mom cut my hair she always said the difference between a salon cut and a home haircut was three days. She always ended up trimming our hair a couple more times in the days after cutting it the first time. The reason being she would see our hair several times during the day and see any little mistake she had made. I cut Micah's hair on Saturday and it is all I can do to keep from "fixing" it over and over again. I did not do the best job and his stick straight hair does nothing to disguise that. The first cut was by far the scariest, the plan was just to get the hair out of his eyes. I started with cutting straight across the front, it ended up crooked. Eric helped me fix that and make the front a little more choppy so it wasn't as noticeable.


Armed with ever increasing confidence I moved around to the sides then the back. The sides were not that difficult. The back still looks strange but at least he does not have a mullet anymore. The back gives me the most anxiety. It is a little uneven but I am scared that if I start trying to even it up, it will end up way too short. I have pictures in my head of the time my brother Andy tried to give himself a haircut. He was maybe three years old when he managed to find a pair of sizors and cut a big chunk out of the front of his hair. He cut it really short, so short it was not possible to just finish the job buy cutting straight across the front. Mom ended up having to cut all of his hair short. It is for that reason alone I am not going to touch Micah's hair again. We will probalby end up taking him in for a real haircut eventually

1 comment:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself - great you gave it a try - no one looks at it as closely as you do! Micah is adorable - even after your haircut! Success!

    oxoxo GD

    ReplyDelete