Alas I never succeed in convincing them to go back to their beds and sleep for a couple of hours. We get up and eat breakfast. The menu varies little, cereal or eggs or oatmeal, but one thing is the same every day. They are both so happy in the morning.
Some people look better than others in the morning. In the interest of full disclosure, not everyone looks cute and happy in the morning. 
Enough of that! Back to the cute ones. This one usually follows me around while I make breakfast asking for chocolate.
This one usually runs around asking for cereal. "Mama, I want cereal, no milk, just cereal." Don't worry, by the time I pour her cereal she is insisting on milk.Actually getting up "early" is not so bad. I should really be getting things done around the house while I am home and 7 is not early. When I go back to work I will need to have a lot done by 7am. Plus, if we are up early enough Micah will take two naps in a day! If Micah and the baby are both asleep at the same time I can try to get a shower, that makes everyone feel better
Grandma and aunt Rena have been kind enough to take Grace and/or Micah overnight a couple of times so we can sleep in a little. Both Grace and Micah love it and I get to go back to sleep after JJ eats at 5. When I go back to work I will miss sleeping in past 5 and will miss sitting around eating breakfast with my kids. Although I'm not sure how much they will miss me, they usually eat as fast as they can and start begging to watch cartoons...

This is so great, Tina - you really must save these blogs and put them into a book! You write so well and have such a great sense of humor! "Bogs by Tina" #1 best seller!
ReplyDeleteLove, Gramma D.