Once jackets, shoes and hats are on Micah runs around saying "Food. Kiss?" Grace will sometimes even open the door to the basement and start down the stairs on the way to the van. My best guess as to where this came from is I once took just Micah to the grocery store to pick up a few things. Grace was gone and JJ stayed home napping with Papa. He must remember that because I almost never just take Micah with me when I go out. I asked him if he wanted to go buy some food with me then we kissed Papa good bye. So he now runs around every day with a jacket on in the house saying: Bye, bye. Kiss?
And what has little JJ been up to these days? Mostly eating and sleeping. He stays awake a little more each day. I try to make those awake times happen during daylight hours so I don't have to spend a lot of time awake with him at night. It appears he likes the other two, he smiles and makes sounds at them but I do spend a good part of everyday pulling little fingers away from his eyes and ears. Sometimes when I am in the middle of something and can not pick him up right away when he cries Grace gets him calmed down by talking to him and trying to hug him. We have tried the sling my sister Anna gave me now that her boys are too big for it. He seems to like it and has fallen asleep in it a couple of times. It has taken me a little time to get used to, I am always afraid that he is not in the sling right and is not comfortable. He always lets me know if he isn't! I do like being able to carry him with me and still do some things that need to get done. He has grown a little more so I think he enjoys it a little more now that he can hold himself up on his own better.

Adorable pics - can't believe how wide eyed Jeremiah is!
ReplyDeleteGD
I'm glad you're getting some use out of the sling. I got the most out of it from about 3 months to a year when the boys always wanted to be held. It was great to have my hands free to wash dishes and fold laundry!
ReplyDelete