We hung out at the hotel all morning then went out for lunch at an Asian restaurant. One of my sister's found it online, it was cool because the kid's meals came in a Bento box style dish. It was a square box fitted with little containers that had each meal element in them. Starch in one, veggie in another, meat, sauce etc. The kids enjoyed it so much, most of them stayed in their seats and finished enough to make them full!
After that my sister and her family left for CO. I really hope it is not another three years until I see her again. Many of us went back to the house. I got my kids set up with a movie and some toys, put a load of clothes in the wash machine and laid down for a nap. Two and a half hours later I was a new woman! That alone sold me on renting a house instead of getting a hotel. Even if you get a suite where the kids are in a different room, the washing machine is not included. How many times have you (especially with kids) had a clothing emergency? I usually end up wanting to wear the same two or three things over and over again which can't be done if there is not a washing machine handy.
That evening my some relatives of my brother-in-law came over for a visit. They brought a big cake to contribute to supper so we celebrated my brother Andy's birthday. His birthday was at the end of the next week but we were all together so it seemed like an ideal time. There was even a package of birthday hats in the toy box, the kids were very enthusiastic about that, running around distributing them to everyone that would take one.



No comments:
Post a Comment