October 23, 2014

Road Trip: Part 3 "The Wedding"

And now what you have all been waiting for, the whole reason for this road trip, David's wedding.  Our sister, Rachel, took the majority of the wedding pictures so I borrowed some to use here.  The wedding took place at a barn/community center.  It was so cute!  David and his wife are so happy together, it was fun to watch the wedding and see how much they love each other. I'm so glad he found someone sweet, and cute to take care of.  He is such a great guy, I love him a lot and wish they didn't live so far away. 

by Rachel


by Rachel


There were only a couple toasts, which made the reception go so much faster.  My dad told a funny story about David, the best man talked about how he and David have been friends since they were little, I think her dad and the maid of honor talked too.   Her dad is a pastor so he performed the ceremony, that was pretty cool. 

All of us being together is a rare event so we took a lot of pictures.  I love family pictures with a lot of little kids, the kids are almost never all looking at one place.  I was trying to reach around Grandma to make my kids stand still and look at the camera. 


All my siblings

by Rachel
My little Micah man had such a big weekend that he was ready to go home about the time the ceremony started.  The ceremony was pretty quick so my kids did well, I didn't have to take any of them out.  The great thing about a semi-casual wedding, kids are allowed to make a little noise! There were even kid's tables set up with white paper table cloths, color crayons and no lit candles.  That was so thoughtful, I spent most of my time at the reception socializing with family that I don't get to see a lot instead of trying to entertain my kids.  Once the dancing started they all just ran around.  Grace loves to dance but Micah surprised me with his dance moves, he danced so much!



We all had a big day and my family didn't even have to be anywhere until 3pm.  The wedding party and Rachel started several hours before that time.  I know some of my other out-of-town family did some shopping and went out to eat that morning too.  My one brother and his wife flew in from Nebraska at around 2 pm after traveling for way too long.  They were supposed to catch a flight out of NE Thursday morning, connect somewhere and fly into Boise that evening.  The first flight from NE loaded most of the passengers then claimed they exceeded the weight limit and couldn't board the last two people, my brother and his wife.  The luggage went on to Boise and they had to stay overnight and catch a flight the next day.  It made for a more stressful, rushed weekend than they had planned.  I'm really glad they made it in the end, it is so good to see them. 

A few people came over to Dad's rental house after the wedding.  We stayed up and talked for several hours.  The picture below is of us taking pictures of my brother Andy who had fallen asleep sitting up in a dining room chair while we all sat around talking. 


Don't go away, there are still three days of road trip to document!

No comments:

Post a Comment