August 29, 2014

Pre-Fall Vacation

 
Last week the kids and I took off for a couple days to visit my family.  Grace is starting school this fall so we won't be able to just leave whenever we want to.  It was a nice, mid-week trip.  We started out at my Grandma's house and spent one night there.  She makes the very best homemade bread and caramel rolls.  She made a fresh batch just for us, it was wonderful.  I only have one grandparent left so the time we can spend together is extra special.

Plans for the rest of the trip changed three or four times while I was at grandma's.  We planned to visit my sister the next night (Wednesday) but one of her boys ended up extremely sick so we spent the night at my mom's instead.  My sister and her husband took him to a specialist right away Wednesday morning leaving the other two boys with their other grandma.  My mom picked them up after she got off work.  Mom, my two nephews, my three children and myself ate supper and loaded up in my vehicle for the two hour drive down to Rachel's house.  At that point her sick boy still hadn't kept anything down and had not spoken for two days. We deposited her other two boys at her house and drove back to Mom's.  The little guy ended up turning the corner that night and is steadily improving, what an answer to prayer!

The kids and I did a little unplanned side trip on the way from grandma's to my mom's.  The road between them is 70 miles and a little over half way to mom's is a mid-sized town with a zoo.  The kids were so surprised when we stopped!  It was such a nice day for a walk thru the zoo, not too hot with a little breeze.   


 The bear was pretty interesting because he was running back and forth in his enclosure.  There are a lot of birds walking around the zoo grounds and he would rear up and scare the ones just on the other side of his fence, it was pretty funny.  The boys have never been to the zoo and Grace was very young last time we went so it was a fun experience for all of them.   



 
One last picture.  Before we left on our adventure I made a couple baked items to take along for our hostesses.  Here is Micah helping me make red velvet cheesecake brownies.  My grandma likes all of those elements on their own and I thought she would maybe like them all together, I know I do!!



1 comment:

  1. What fun! Building memories!

    Loveth, G & G D.

    ReplyDelete