June 21, 2013

Product Review - Paint Can Spout



It's been a while since I did a product review so maybe it's time to dust it off and welcome it back.  As I mentioned before, we have been doing a lot of painting.  I throw away a lot of stuff while painting.  For example I never us a roller twice.  The only exception is when I plan to paint with the exact same color the very next day.  In that case I wrap it up and put it in the fridge overnight.  But there is one thing I will never throw away.  It is my paint can spout.  Eric picked it up for me back five years ago when we painted Grace's room in our old house. 
 

The concept is pretty simple. The spout fits on the edge of any paint can (believe me any, I have used mine on everything from pint to gallon cans). But oh the wonders it performs!  I don't know about anyone else but the river of paint that collects in the grooves of the can drive me crazy.  The spout prevents that from accumulating.  The obvious use is for keeping paint out of the grooves while pouring paint out of the can. But I leave it on as long as the can is open because it keeps the top clean when painting right out of the can with a brush.  It also keeps paint from running down the side of the can, so messy!


This amazing little piece of rubber is flexible and washable.  I have neglected washing it off in the past and it still works fine, nothing gets into the little ridges that grab the can.  Old paint usually just rolls right off the next time I wash it anyway. 

How can I get this amazing device you ask yourself?  I saw a pile of them on the paint counter at Menards last time I was there, it is also available on their website: Here  It's possible I'm the only person in the world that just heard about these things but they make the messy, disruptive work of painting a little easier for me to deal with.  And at only $0.98 you can probably afford to give them a try.  I hope you like it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment