January 21, 2012

Shameless product plug - Boppy pillow

Today's product is something I couldn't live without.  For those of you that have never heard of this device, it is a nursing pillow.  Boppy brand specifically.  As it's name implies, it helps support the baby while nursing.  I loved it!!  There are other brands and styles but I prefer this one.  I received the one I have now as a gift before Grace was born and am still using it.  I like how it holds the baby up so I don't have to hunch my back over while feeding.  It is extra useful when the baby is a newborn and very small.  I used it just as much when Grace and Micah were bottle fed as when they were nursing.  Eric liked using it to bottle feed the babies too.  It has been sitting on our couch since we brought Grace home from the hospital.  I know it has gotten pretty flat but I still use it every day. 


I checked around online and the going price for an uncovered "naked" Boppy is usually $29.99.  Single, ordinary covers, run around $9.99.  Off-brand covers are cheaper and sometimes come in multi-packs.  The super cute one below with the monkey cover included is $49.99 and can be found here at Target.com 



The removable cover has been a lifesaver.  All three of my kids spit up, a lot, so being able to throw the cover in the wash was great.  I have washed the pillow a time or two as well.  I would recommend getting a couple of covers, at least three so you have backups if you haven't washed clothes in a couple days.  Or a lot of days.

The hospital provided a nursing pillow for use there but I didn't like it as well.  It was another brand, Breast Friend, and it is shaped differently.  The pillow is still a crescent shape but instead of being rounded, the sides are square and it has a strap and buckle so the strap can go around the nursing mother's back and hold the pillow on.  The fact that it had a sanitary, plastic cover didn't help at all!  I know a lot of people prefer that brand but I'm a Boppy mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment