As many of you know, we moved out of the camper and into a mobile home Thanksgiving weekend. Although it is smallish, even by mobile home standards (14' X 48'), it is practically a mansion after living in a camper. The original plan was to live in the camper until the company that owns the lot could move a double-wide in for us in the spring. I know we could have made it work but the water froze a couple of really cold nights and we were going though a lot of propane in the furnace trying to keep it warm in there. Now we can enjoy the winter in the warmth and comfort of an actual home. The living area is in the front, mid kitchen, rear bedrooms/bathroom/laundry.
Here are a few pictures to satisfy the curiosity I know you have. We picked up a living room set cheap from a store in the area that was closing. The camper was really great, for a camper, but Eric missed being able to put his feet up at night.
I love having a full sized kitchen, the fridge has much more capacity than the one in the camper and the oven is so much more reliable. I have even started baking bread again! (More about that in another post).
And concluding our tour today is the laundry area. I have no idea how we would have survived without the washer and dryer we had installed in the camper. That said, the set in the mobile home is wonderful! It is a larger capacity than even the one we left back in Minnesota. Not only does an entire set of king-size sheets fit in the washer (with room to spare), it washes and drys in record time. I love it!
Stay tuned for the conclusion of our home tour...
No comments:
Post a Comment