May 23, 2011

Hunting Candy

We had an Easter candy hunt for Grace and Micah for the first time this year. I thought they would be old enough to enjoy it so I picked up some candy and a couple small toys. I ended up with a couple packages of sparkly pencils and pads of paper from a game we did at work and thought Gracie would enjoy them too. Eric tried to keep the kids occupied in our room while I quickly hid the goodies.

I had no idea how much fun they would have! Grace and I started in the kitchen and I helped her find a few things I had hidden. Meanwhile, Micah ran for the living room and dining room and picked up almost everything hidden there! He is very observant and once he figured out that he could fill his basket with whatever he found he was unstoppable. The candy was not very well hidden because I didn't know how well they would do. Next year it will probably be hidden a little better, the hunt this year was done in less than ten minuets. I maybe got a little carried away with the amount of candy but it was so much fun to watch them find it. I think that next year I will use more plastic eggs with less candy in each. They both sat right down and dug into the candy as soon as it was all collected. Micah tried one or two bites of each thing. The floor was soon littered with half eaten marshmallow eggs and headless Peeps.


Grace was very excited about the pencils and the sidewalk chalk she got. Not a day goes by that she does not ask to use her sparkly pencils or eat some "hunting candy."





Overall it was a success, the kids had fun filling their baskets with candy and eggs and we had fun watching them run around. I am being a little stingy with the candy so there is still a good sized bowl in the cupboard. One of these days we are going to have to sit down and work on that...

1 comment:

  1. You do so many wonderful things with your children - how wonderful now that God has answered all our prayers for you to be home with them all the time! You are blessed, we are so thankful for you in our lives!

    Love, G & G Duske

    ReplyDelete