Is it only mothers that think this kind of playing looks dangerous? I have to keep telling myself they will be fine and they should enjoy playing outside, breathing fresh air and running off their energy. I would have climbed right up on the bales myself as a kid.
Eric works on getting the puppy to bond to him whenever we have a second. The puppy loves to play but he needs to learn to respect Eric or he won't be of much use as a cattle dog. They are working on that and Gunter is getting a lot better at listening when Eric calls.
Yesterday we got some snow, not the blizzard we were supposed to wake up to, but it did snow most of the day starting a little before noon. I tried to get a picture of the snowflakes flying by but my phone camera couldn't capture them. You can see how hazy it is off in the distance though. We probably got 3-4" of snow over the day. The kids were super excited about it and ran out to play as soon as it started coming down, before it even started to accumulate.
The temperature dropped yesterday too, down to more normal winter temps, which made the heater run more. We have a pot of water on the heater in an attempt to get a little moisture back into the air. Yesterday I threw the kids wet gloves on too when they came in from the snow. That turned out to be a bad idea because they were filthy from farm use and when they warmed up my house started to smell like cows and pigs! I took them off right away but the house still smelled bad. I decided to try scented wax melts on the heater instead of lighting candles. It works great! The cast iron pan retains heat so it stays melted even when the heater is not running. This seems like the safest option for adding good smells to my house. Candles and plug in wax warmers can get forgotten when we go to bed or leave the house but this should be fine until all the scent evaporates.
Our Vikings lost on Sunday in the NFC Championship game. It was a great season and we had so much fun cheering them on through the playoffs. I even hoped they would end up in the Super Bowl for the first time in my lifetime, which would have been extra special because it is being held in their new stadium here in MN this year. Maybe next year!
Hope you have a great day!





No comments:
Post a Comment