January 11, 2018

Extended Family Christmas

Christmas break from school started out with an overnight trip up north to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday and Christmas with my family.  We gathered in a motel with one sister's family, one brother and his wife and a sister-in-law.  It was fun to see everyone and celebrate my dad.



The kids all got Nerf guns from Uncle Ed and Aunt Beth.


Pool time is better for me than it has been in past years.  My kids are old enough now to keep their heads above water and stay where they can touch the bottom.  This means I don't always have to get into the water with them anymore!  I can just sit nearby and make sure they are safe.



Since Dad is a truck driver he uses maps a lot.  All six of us kids went together to buy him a road map of the US that Rachel found online.  It is pretty detailed with all the major and many minor roads drawn out.  Honestly, I would love to have it myself!



We celebrated Christmas with Eric's family at the end of Christmas week.  His sister had planned to host but came down with a bug that day so we switched to brother's house at the last minute. It was so great that they were willing to host on such short notice!  Everyone lives close enough to come to holidays so everyone but Eric's sister was there.


All the cousins get PJ's, which are so cute!


We gave the cousins a board game.  I didn't realize how big the board was when I bought it, the board doesn't fit on the table so they played it on the floor after opening gifts.


More Oliver tractor gear for the little kids!




We had a nice time and everyone got great gifts.  It is always special to be able to spend time with family around the holidays. I'm grateful for the family that we were able to see and miss the ones that live too far away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment