January 22, 2013

Packing

This week my life has been consumed by packing.  We have way too much stuff.  I felt pretty good about the amount of stuff that was donated or thrown away in the last move.  There has been about twenty-five boxes packed for over a week and we have not missed a single item. 


True, a large portion of those boxes hold pictures from the wall and books.  It still makes me feel guilty.  Now I am getting into things that we use every day.  It is getting harder to decide what can be packed and what will have to stay out for a few more days.  Eric will continue living in the trailer and we are not moving right to the farm so we are not actually taking everything when we leave for MN.  Believe me when I say that takes a lot of pressure off me!  Up until the point where we received confirmation that he could stay I had quite a bit of anxiety about how I was going to get everything packed and loaded and where we would get trailers for everything.  With the new situation we can leave the majority of our stuff in the trailer then move it as we finish sections of our house.


Needless to say, the kids are having so much fun climbing on and hiding behind boxes.  I set aside two boxes for them to have.  It is just too hard for them to understand that they can't touch any of my boxes.  They have claimed a space between boxes and furniture as their fort.  Grace and Micah have been pretty good about staying off the boxes but JJ is still trying to learn that. 

It seems like this week came up so fast.  No more procrastinating!  Better get back to packing.

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe how much you have accomplished with watching 3 youngsters and a dog! Way to go, Momma! So great that Eric can stay in this home! See U soon!

    G&G D.

    ReplyDelete