January 25, 2013

Glitter Shoes

I have a problem.  That problem is Pinterest.  I have decided that all the time spent browsing and pinning is justified if I complete just one project or idea found there.  Here is my latest adventure.  Several people have pinned pictures of ordinary shoes transformed into glitter shoes.  I want glitter shoes in the worst way!  So here is my attempt at making them.  I had a pair of basic black pumps from Target.  They are well worn and were on their way to the trash because of the scuffed toes and general worn-out appearance. 

The consensus of the research I did seemed to be that painting a mixture of glitter and Mod Podge directly on to the shoe was the way to go.  I did several layers of that method the first day.  Oh yes, this stretches into several days. 


After letting the first attempt dry overnight I didn't feel that the shoes had the right look.  So I painted them once again with a layer of the glitter/Mod Podge then sprinkled more glitter right onto the glue.  Much better!  I did that twice to each shoe, let them dry overnight then sprayed them with a glitter sealer.  I sprayed them again after another overnight drying.  I may try brushing them once with some straight Mod Podge because they still seem to loose a good bit of glitter when worn. 


I'm pretty excited about how they turned out.  It's almost like I have a new pair of shoes!

1 comment:

  1. Quite a project! Well done! Can't imagine how much it would cost to buy glitter shoes new!

    G&G D.

    ReplyDelete