November 12, 2012
Dress up your kids day
Halloween was a big day. We became good friends with a family that lived out here and that day was their last before they moved away. The day started early, she came and watched JJ while I went to a Halloween party at Grace's preschool. Then it was lunch and naps for all the little kids. The downtown businesses in our town hand out treats to kids so we got all five of our kids dressed up(Micah was still with grandpa and grandma) and walked up and down Main Street collecting goodies. Then it was back home for a quick supper.
The kids had been learning about the 10 plagues on Wednesday nights so the teachers suggested Bible themed costumes. I originally planned to just have Grace wear her cat costume to church but inspiration struck and I made costumes for her and her little friend. We had a set of king sized pillowcases that are not being used and they happened to be wide enough for preschool size kids. I cut holes for their heads and arms and cut a strip off the bottom to use for a belt. Pretty creative if you ask me! The pillowcases seemed a little long before I cut the belt off but looking at them now, we maybe could have left the length and just used the side slits for walking.
It was a big, busy day. The kids had a lot of fun and went right to bed when we came home from church. Our friends took off with their camper in the morning. I already miss them. That is something we have to live with here though. Not everyone is here to stay. It won't be long and we will be heading out for good too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Cute costumes ... creative ones for church, too! Sorry you had to say goodbye to friends ... but can look forward with excitement to who God will bring into your life next!
ReplyDeleteG&G D.