November 29, 2012

Decorate the Tree

The other day I realized that Christmas is almost upon us.  Now that Thanksgiving is over, bring on Christmas!  First order of business is to get the tree up and decorated.  The boys and I got the tree and boxes of decorations pulled out of the closet then assembled the tree, all while Grace was at school.  Micah was so excited to show her the tree.  He was also, surprisingly, excited to wear a Santa hat and waited for Grace to come home so he could give her one. 
 
I have been working on not letting things the kids do bother me as much.  For example, in the past the tree has been either decorated while the kids were asleep or I tried to do it without their help while they ran around.  I still couldn't bring myself to let JJ help so we did it while he was asleep

I have been working on not letting things the kids do bother me as much. For example, in the past the tree has been either decorated while the kids were asleep or I tried to do it without their help while they ran around. I still couldn't bring myself to let JJ help so we did it while he was asleep.


They had so much fun!  And it wasn't as bad as I was picturing it to be.  I couldn't leave the ornaments alone that were bunched three or four to a branch in a couple of places, but over all they did a nice job distributing ornaments over the whole tree. 


Now Christmas can come, the tree is up and we are ready.  Well, the tree is up anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Such sweet grandbabes ... next year ... tree at the farm!

    G&G D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first year that we let the boys decorate the tree all by themselves too. I put some of the more fragile ornaments toward the top of the tree, but we sat back and let them do the rest - they loved it and were so proud of their handiwork!

    ReplyDelete