A couple of months ago I was introduced to Bountiful Baskets. For those of you that live in bigger cities, it is like CSA baskets, only better. We order our basket online every other Monday then pick it up the following Saturday. The standard, or conventional, basket is a changing mix of fruits and vegetables. They say it should be about 50% fruit and 50% vegetables. Here is a picture of what I got last time in my conventional basket.
Specifically it was:
Bananas
2 Pomegranates
Red Grapes
Pineapple
3 Pear Apples
6 Tomatoes
Tuscan Kale
Romaine lettuce
Celery
3 Extra large Onions
Butternut squash
The specific mix changes every time but there is always lots of yummy fruits and veggies. I like that I am forced to try some things that I would probably not have purchased at the store. For example, I don't buy pomegranates because I'm a little scared of them. Some things are not available in our little town, like Kale or pear apples.
In addition to the conventional basket, there are usually add-ons available. The add-ons change week to week. I have seen cases of apples, pomegranates, strawberries or pineapple. Multi grain bread and granola is almost always available. This time they had an "Asian Lovers" add-on pack. I ordered it hoping for ginger, garlic and some kind of green leafy vegi. Here is a picture of everything that came with it.
Green onions
Bok Choi
Celery
Garlic
Onion
Snow peas
Basil
Napa cabbage
Ginger
Water chestnuts
We ate a lot of stir-fry for the next two weeks! I try to use everything but some things are just beyond my scope of imagination. We never did use the napa cabbages and the last couple of basil leaves went bad.
I love going to pick up my basket and see what surprises await me. Sadly, there is not a Bountiful Baskets in MN. I'll just have to enjoy it out here while we are here! If you are interested in it and want to see if there is a pick up in your area check out Bountiful Baskets There are locations in twenty different states so maybe there is one near you!


Especially like the Grace product!
ReplyDeleteG&G D.