Now that Grace is in preschool, I have 1/3 fewer children to keep track of in the store. After dropping her off, I promptly made a trip to the store with just the boys. I had a good amount of things to get so would not be able to fit both boys in the cart. Taking a bold step into uncharted (and potentially dangerous) water I let Micah push a little cart...with JJ in it.
They both did so well! Micah pushed him very carefully and stayed close behind me. He didn't take corners too hard or race with his little brother. JJ enjoyed the novelty of it enough to sit down the whole time (the same can not be said of the child seat in a big cart). In fact, when Micah got tired of pushing his heavy load, JJ protested being moved to my cart. Maybe this means I'm one day closer to my kids being a help instead of a hindrance at the store. Yes, sometimes I am patient enough to have them retrieve items they can reach and JJ can't get away yet because he is trapped in the cart. But most of the time I race through the store as quickly as possible hoping to get through before any of them completely melt down or decide they are done following me.
It was so fun to watch Micah push little JJ around. I love it when my kids are tender to each other. Those moments give me hope to make it through the next time when they are not being as loving.

You have some good ideas! Love the pic!
ReplyDeleteG&G D.
I love this entry! I often am so excited when my kids have this glimmer of actual helpfulness. It's like a beacon of hope, lol. My daughter, 3.5yrs, really is quite helpful. My 19month old son, not so much. A third coming soon means I sometimes worry what I've gotten myself into! I wish we were still near one another, what a wonderful mom friend you'd be to have. Blessings :)
ReplyDeleteJennifer Bartholomew (Rawlins)