September 06, 2012

First Off To School

 
My girl started preschool yesterday, she was so excited!  I let her pick out her clothes, she picked the dress but I made her wear the pants because it is cool in the mornings now.  She had fun getting everything packed up in her bag and carrying her brand new Tinkerbell folder.  

 
While thinking about the day I fully expected some crying, either from myself or Eric.  Fortunately neither of us embarrassed our little girl by getting soggy.  Also unexpected, we were the first people there, we are late to everything!  We helped her find her cubby to put her things in then walked back down and found the hook labeled with her name for her backpack and jacket.  


Micah and JJ were very interested in all the fun toys they had set up around the room.  I had a hard time hanging on to JJ.  Micah told me that he would miss Grace but I think he was just saying that because I had been telling him that I would.  He was worried that he would not get to come along to drop her off.  She dutifully gave me hugs and told me that she would miss me.  She already knows what to say to make me happy. 


We could have sent Grace to preschool last year but I feel like we are both more ready now.  The teacher is a good friend of ours from church and someone that Grace knows well.  I feel better about sending her off knowing that I can trust the teachers.  When I think about sending my kids away for school, I worry a lot about how it will go.  Will they like it?  Will the other kids be nice to them?  Will they be nice to the other kids?  Will they sit when they need to sit and participate when they need to participate?  What kinds of things will they be learning, from teachers or the other kids?  I am so glad that one of the churches in town is offering preschool, we would probably work on more structured learning at home if that option were not available to us. 

It is hard to let my little girl go but I know this will be so good for her.  She is such a friendly, outgoing little person I think she almost needs to be around other people sometimes.  I'm excited to see what she learns this year.  Meanwhile, the boys and I will be home without her for two and a half hours three days a week.  Perhaps I can make some time to start introducing Micah to letters and numbers.  I feel a little guilty that I depend on NickJr on TV for that kind of thing.  Maybe while I am showing Micah letters and number, JJ will listen too and maybe, just maybe pick up a few more words!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to start Grace off in Preschool! Such great parents! We always enjoy the pics!

    G&G D.

    ReplyDelete