Last summer we were invited to the ranch of some friends for the afternoon, the kids got to ride horses but only Grace was brave enough to give it a try. A couple of weeks ago we were out there again and they saddled a horse for the kids. All three of my kids rode and had so much fun!
Micah was far to scared last year but he climbed right on this time. He even wanted to go alone.
JJ is too small to hold on to the saddle so Grace rode with him. All three of the kids had a great time. They broke out the 4-wheelers later in the afternoon and took all the little kids for rides. I think the horse made quite an impression on Micah because he has been asking all week to go back and ride horses.
It was pretty cool the other morning and I realized all of the sudden that summer is almost over. All winter I wish for warm days to get the kids out then summer comes and I spend too much of it inside. In my defence there were weeks at a time this summer where the temp hovered around 100 with humidity not far behind.
We are trying to make it to parks more than once a week now. Although most of the time I cheat and run over to the park next door after supper, the picture above was taken at the kid's favorite park: The Children's Park. Hopefully there will be a lot more nice mornings and evenings for us to enjoy getting outside!




Know how you feel ... although fall is a favorite time of year ... may it be a long one.
ReplyDeleteG&G D.