September 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Grandpa

Today is Grandpa Cliff's birthday.  I can always remember how old he is because Eric's family threw a huge suprise party for him a couple months after I met Eric.  They all went out together near his actual birthday as a family and gave the usual cards and gifts.  Little did he know a few days later a big party awaited.  Grandma Wendy and his kids had rented a hall, hired a band and invited tons of people.  It was a good party.

I think this is one of Eric's favorite pictures of himself and his dad.  Duske's are big Oliver tractor collectors and what could be more fun than driving an Oliver? Driving one in a tractor pull, that's what! 

 Or in the town parade.  Although the parade is not as fun as a pull I'm sure. 

 Micah loves Grandpa too.  Almost daily he says something about driving a tractor 'round, 'round like Grandpa. 

Look, Grandpa covered with kids!  I know my kids love to wrestle with Grandpa and he loves being able to spend time with them.  Grace is spending a couple weeks with Grandpa and Grandma so she will be there for his birthday. 
Happy Birthday Grandpa Cliff, we love you a lot!

1 comment:

  1. Was just going to email you that "And then there were three" needed something new and here it is - Grandpa/Dad/Cliff is already in bed, but what a treat to show him tomorrow at lunch time. You are so special, Tina, we are so thankful you are in our family! Love this, especially the pics!! Wendy

    ReplyDelete