September 16, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Today this little sweet cheeks is 2.  We had his party in early August so it feels like he has been 2 for a while now.  I feel like I have gotten to know him so much better since I quit my job back in June.  It was hard to sort his personality out from Grace, who talks a lot, and JJ, who eats a lot when the only time I spent with my kids was getting  them ready in the morning and putting them to bed at night.  Little, quiet, easy-going Micah tended to get lost in the shuffle. 

 Things I have learned about Micah?  Well if you read the post on our attempt to potty train, I covered a lot there.  He also thinks a long time before answering questions.  He (usually) silently repeats what I said then decides what to answer.  I used to think he was ignoring me but he was just thinking.  Sometimes he will repeat the last phrase I said to him over and over until either that leads him to another thought or he is distracted by something else. 


He loves tractors and can tell the difference between a John Deere and an Oliver.  He thinks going with dad or Grandpa in the tractor or for a ride is the best thing in the world.  He will sit on the couch with Papa for hours watching tractor pulling and when it is over he will beg for more. 


His favorite thing at the park is the swing, he would probably sit there for days if I would let him.  When I get JJ's stroller out he runs up and grabs one side, all ready to go for a walk. (I tried to convince him and Grace that they have to hold on to the stroller when we go for walks, Grace does not care nearly as much as Micah does).  He has memorized Come Lord Jesus, Now I Lay Me and our post office box number.  He knows who lives in a pineapple under the sea (Ponge Bob Quare Pants).  He repeats everything we say, including phrases in conversations between Eric and myself and sometimes things he hears on TV. 

He loves to drive tractors, from sitting on the seat of Grandpa's tractor and pretending to drive to peddling his peddle tractor 'round, 'round, fasty in front of our house.  My little sweet cheeks is so special to me.  I know Papa loves him too, all he ever wanted was a little boy to love tractors and football with him and that is exactly what he got.  We love you little man and can't wait to see what this year brings for you.  (Hopefully underwear!)

2 comments:

  1. ha! love that last little wish.

    and this is really sweet! can't believe how fast your kids are growing!

    (btw, i have been muddling and muddling over who grew up out here and what town it was in! care to share?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet cheeks sure fits him, and sounds like Mommie knows him well! Can't waite till he's in those "undies" so he can come visit for awhile at Grandpa & Grandmas, too. He is about the sweetest little boy I know! Love his hugs and cuddles. Missed those when I went back home! See you soon!

    Love, Grandma D.

    ReplyDelete