October 14, 2009

Thanks

My little man, Micah, will be a month old on Friday and I was just thinking about all of the people who have been such a big help this past month.

First, I want to thank Eric's parents. They watched Grace while I was in the hospital, it was the first time she had been away from both Eric and I overnight and I know she had a great time. Grandma brought her to the hospital every day that I was there so I would not have to miss seeing her even one day. Grandma has also offered to continue watching her during the week so I can get caught up on sleep and work around the house while Micah is sleeping. It is sometimes nice to be able to just lay down for a nap and not have to worry about what a toddler is doing or make sure she is not poking the baby in the eye. Thank you Grandpa and Grandma Duske!

Thank you to my mom for coming down to help me with Grace and the baby the first few days I was home from the hospital. It was so great to be able to focus on taking care of Micah and getting rested. It was also nice that she was here to do the many things I could not do while recovering from a c-section. She even went grocery shopping and stocked our cupboards for a while and ironed Eric's shirts, I don't remember the last time I ironed. Grace enjoyed spending time with Grandma and doing the "happy dance." Eric and Lucas were grateful that she was here because they had actual meals for a few days.

Thank you to my sister Rachel for coming down the first day I was home. She washed the kitchen full of dirty dishes left by a teenager while I was gone. She did grocery shopping for us (the fridge was completely empty when we got home). She also prepared the most wonderful chicken potpie for supper, I love any meal I don't have to cook!

Thank you to the four wonderful women from church that provided meals for us through the meals ministry: Shannon, Amber, Marie and Cindi. It was so great to just sit down to eat a meal without having to plan or prepare it. Micah always manages to be the most hungry around supper time which makes it nearly impossible to get much on the table unless I remember to start early.

There are probably people I have missed but I am grateful for all the help we have received. I am also thankful for my wonderful, supportive husband who has helped me in every way he can.

1 comment:

  1. What a great update - We love looking at all the pictures and videos! You are welcome and we are most happy to help in anyway - God's richest blessings, always! Love, G&G Duske

    ReplyDelete