Now on to your regularly scheduled programing. Today we got our second snow of the season. That's right folks, second and it is October 12th. Grace was too young to remember snow from last year so I had to dig out a snowsuit and take her out this morning. Fortunately we had one that was a little too big last year. I still have to get her some gloves and a winter hat.
I don't know if she really liked it or not, she was a little hesitant to touch it. If the sky looks a little grey, that is because it is still snowing. Don't worry, we are getting even more as I type. The snow has turned to giant, white flakes.
Grace is so cute! I just had to post all the pictures I took, shameless I know.
Not only is this essentially Grace's first experience with snow, our exchange student Lucas from Brazil, had never seen snow before Friday. He has to walk about a block to get the school bus and this morning he came and asked if Eric had any gloves he could borrow. We are planning on taking him out to buy winter clothes but did not think it would be this cold yet. A week ago or so it was raining and he asked if the bus would stop at our driveway instead of him having to walk to catch it because of the rain. It may be kind of a harsh wake-up for him when it is -20 and he still has to walk a block to the bus stop. Eric has no sympathy for him, he is the last kid on the bus in the morning and the first one off in the afternoon. Eric lived near the bus driver when he was in school so his house was the second stop in the morning and the second to last in the afternoon. We got the first snow Friday night so when Lucas got up Saturday morning the ground was white. It was little more than a dusting and it was all gone by evening but he liked it. He said he didn't know it would be so white then ran out to take pictures before it melted. When he got back in the house he said he also didn't know it would be so cold, the sun was shining after all.
Too sweet! Yes he is very cute! Grace will be building snowmen before you know it this year!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, G&G Duske