October 17, 2009

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

Why post every day when you can have one big, catch-all post once a week? Eric has been working with the local high school football team this year and I made it to a game for the first time this week. Grandma volunteered to watch the little ones so I wouldn't have to take them out in the cold. Here are a few pictures of the event. You can see Eric on the sideline in the first picture, he is the one with the white hat. Sadly, they lost that game 6-27. It was fun to be able to go to a game though and I know Eric is really enjoying coaching.
Grace and I have a little morning routine worked out now that I am home for a while. She usually gets up around 7:30 or 8am and Micah has usually eaten and is down for his first morning nap by then. Grace and I get dressed and eat a bowl of oatmeal and a couple fried eggs. Later in the morning, after she gets up from her morning nap, we have "a little lunch." I had a cake this week so we shared a piece. Grace gets to sit in one of the big chairs for lunch. I got a journal for my birthday so I am trying to write in it everyday, you can see it in the picture too.
Friday Micah was one month old so I had to take pictures to commemorate the occasion! I thought I would try to take his monthly pictures on the rocking chair he got from Grandpa and Grandma Duske so it will be easy to see how much he grows month to month. I took pictures of Grace every month too but they are all in different locations. Here you can see Grace wanted to get in on the action, she loves to kiss her little brother "Meema."
He is such a handsome man and has grown so much in the past month! He sat very well in the chair, I was not sure if it would work to use it this month but he has pretty good head control. I get a weekly email from a baby site that says what your baby should be able to do and has a couple activities to try with them. This week it said the baby should be able to follow objects or people that move in front of their face, he can do that very well. I'm so proud!
Yesterday Eric requested his favorite cookie, no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies, so we made them while he was clothes shopping with Lucas (that is a story for a different day!). I thought Grace would like to help me so I set her up on the step-stool next to the stove. The first thing I do when making the cookies is to mix the sugar and cocoa powder. As soon as I had those two ingredients in the pan Grace stuck her hand in, covering it with coca powder, and rubbed it on her face. What made her do that, you ask? I have no idea! She was just so quick I didn't even know what she was doing until she had already covered her face and clothes with cocoa. I had to laugh, she looked so cute!

Friday was also my brother Andy's birthday. Dad got him and David tickets to the Vikings game this Sunday so they came down to stay with us. Eric and Lucas were still gone shopping when the boys got here so we had supper together. I had some of the cake left over that Grace and I had been eating all week so we called it birthday cake and finished it off. Happy Birthday Andy!
When Grace got up from her nap, her and the puppies enjoyed playing with Abu and Andy. She ran around in circles and laughed for almost two hours. (If you look closely you can see that her shirt still has cocoa powder on it, why change her clothes when she will be going to be soon anyway?)
David came prepared for the Vikings game. I gave him a Randy Moss jersey for Christmas the year before he was traded away. He had to make some alterations to make it relevant to the times.
Andy just had a hat to wear, no jersey, but when Eric saw what David had done to his Moss jersey he had me dig out his from the back of the closet. Andy fixed it up to match David's, now they are both ready for the game tomorrow! Pretty clever of them if you ask me.

1 comment:

  1. I had not seen any of these posts! I guess my blog list isn't updating correctly. Dang it!! Your little kids are so cute and its fun to keep updated on the times!

    ReplyDelete