February 21, 2018

Winter

Sunset the other night was just so pretty.  I love that they are slowly getting to be later in the afternoon! Soon it will be light every time we go out to do chores.

Old lady Delilah had to get a few teeth pulled last week.  The vet said all the rest of her body is healthy, pulling those bad teeth would help her have a better life.  Her mouth was starting to smell pretty bad, pulling the bad teeth made my life a little better too.


Floppy Moppy is growing bigger every day.  He is such a helpful guy, he always comes out to do barn chores, even when it is super cold out.  His job, when we feed the cows, is to man the gate so they don't escape while Eric drives back and forth with the silage.  He has been begging to start shoveling silage instead of watching the gate because he gets board.  Once the cows have a bunk full of feed they are not going to try to leave so he just stands there.  I haven't let him switch purely for selfish reasons.  He shovels a lot slower than I do so chores would take slightly longer if he were shoveling instead of me.


We haven't made it to the ice skating rink in a little while.  I should probably make that happen this week.  It isn't very far away and they aways have a great time.  I think they are always surprised that it is not as easy as it looks for the Olympic skaters. Last time we went out, we took the kid's cousin along.  She has tried skating a couple times already so they had a lot of fun together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment