February 20, 2018

Reading Supper

Winter is slowly moving along, we are enjoying the early evenings by spending a lot of time reading.  February is read-a-thon month at my kid's school so they are taking every excuse to read at home.  Sometimes we will have "reading supper" which is fun for me too because then I have an excuse to read whatever book I am in the middle of!


We have been eating a lot of soup these days.  I like soup and cold weather is a good time to make it. 


Last week was Valentine's Day.  I managed to buy boxed Valentine's cards for the kids to hand out in class early enough for my kids to get them ready to actually hand out in class on the right day! They made Valentine's cards for each other too this year, always fun. 


The boys and I did a little sledding in the yard the other day after school.  Micah begged me so nicely to go out with them, I had to.  A couple of the sleds vanished so we had to share two.  I tell them every single time they use sleds: put them somewhere inside a building, any building, so they don't blow away or get covered by snow.  They found the others in the neighbor's yard later, they must have used them over there and never brought them back.  





Micah built a tiny ramp on the sledding hill.  Pretty exciting!


Snow has kind of come and gone this winter.  Most of it melted away Sunday with a little sun and a high wind but we got it all back Monday.  Every time we get a little snow, the kids run right out and go sledding.  Glad we get changing seasons here in MN!

No comments:

Post a Comment