September 10, 2014

First day of school - Micah

Micah is staying home with me this year.  I wanted time alone with me and we had such a fun time last year. We formally started Monday.  His book says Kindergarten but we are taking it slow, it is preschool after all.  Grace had the same book last year and he was so excited to get one of his very own in the mail.  He wrote his name on the front right away. 


JJ went to his first day of preschool at school on Tuesday so Micah and I did a couple fun things together.  I saw something somewhere online about dropping food coloring into something and watching it swirl and bubble.  Naturally I didn't save it or remember the exact instructions so it didn't have the effect I had pictured.  He had fun swirling it with a toothpick, watching the colors mix and change. 


We also did and experiment called "Elephant Toothpaste" that I found online.  I did have all the instructions for that one and it was quite cool.  Ingredients are added to an empty water bottle and thick, white foam oozes out of the top.  It lasts for a long time and produces a lot of foam.  I must have been pretty into it because there are no pictures.  Micah liked it too. 

It is nice to have a couple hours twice a week to devote to one child.  He was able to do the food coloring experiment with no messes and we even tried a little piano lesson.  I'm pretty excited about our year and all the fun thing we can do together. 

1 comment: