Yesterday I celebrated yet another anniversary of my 29th birthday. While I did consider starting school with the kids because it was Monday, celebrating my birthday won out in the end. Eating a lot of my favorite things, or things I don't make that often was my goal. Eric's mom took me out on Friday night for birthday dinner so I knocked a few things off the list: pot stickers and pasta.
I started out making crepes for breakfast. Not planning ahead, I didn't have any fruit filling but they were so good plain. My kids ate breakfast and were away from the table by the time crepes were done but they decided they were hungry again once they tasted them. I ended up eating one of the four I made.
My mom and dad made plans to stop over and take us out for supper but they surprised me and stopped by in the morning too with a cake and presents for me. Grace insisted that the cake needed some sprinkles so my mom decorated it with sprinkles. Remember when you were young enough that your mom put the same number of candles on your cake as your age? I would need a lot bigger cake for that now!
Next up, egg bake. Yes it is breakfast/brunch food but it was my birthday so I did what I wanted and we had it at noon. Bonus points because I put it together the night before and only had to pop it in the oven for dinner. I love egg bake, all that cheese!
Eric got home from work early because of the Labor Day holiday so he was home in plenty of time to go out with us when mom and dad came back. They took us out to eat in a near by town. Not having to cook or clean up supper? Happy, happy, happy. It's been a while since I had a birthday party and this was a nice one. I love that we are closer to my parents now and can see them more.
Last on the list of birthday delights, cheesecake. I had been planning for a while to make myself a cheesecake for my birthday and was really looking forward to it. We ate it after we came home from the restaurant. So tasty!! Great end to a great day.





No comments:
Post a Comment