Micah turned four a couple of weeks ago. We went to the store for party decorations the morning of his party and he fell in love with a ribbon/badge that said Birthday Boy. I told him we had to wait until the party to put it on, he proceeded to ask me every half hour when the party was going to start. He was so excited for people to come over and very excited to play with his cousins.
We had a few friends and a lot of family over for the party. Grandma brought the farm themed cake. The party was so fun, I am so thankful for all the people that were able to come over for it. Most of our family drove at least two hours. The last time we hosted the family birthday party at our house was Grace's birthday two years ago right before we moved to ND. Now that we are closer to family, it is nice that we can have birthday parties at our house again. My family is a different story. Before I moved to the area, two of my brothers and one of my sisters lived an hour away. In the past six months they have moved far away. One still in MN but over two hours away, one to Nebraska and the other to Montana. That's not even counting the sister that moved to Colorado four years ago! I guess when you have a big family there are more places they can move to.
Anyway, Micah's birthday was so fun, I love having people over. I love hearing kids running around screaming and having fun. I love eating piles of food and sitting around talking. I am learning to love putting everything away and cleaning up when everyone goes home. Most of all, Micah had a good time, he enjoyed all the people that came to see him and the pile of presents they brought with them. He gets so much enjoyment out of new toys, I find him playing with them for days after the party. He genuinely likes the things he gets and that makes it so fun to give him things.

Oh, that little cutie! Missing birthdays and not being able to watch each other's kids grow up is the sucky part about being so far away :( Tell him happy birthday for us! If you can't make it out here any time soon you should send your kiddos with Mom and Dad in December - I think they might be coming for a visit before Christmas.
ReplyDeleteIt was a great party and we ate too much!
ReplyDeleteGrandpa & Grandma D.
It was a great party
ReplyDeleteGrandma A