May 11, 2013

Sampson


There is a new dog in our family.  After Cody died last November I didn't think Eric would want another dog, he was so great.  But we found out that a friend had a pregnant Rat Terrier (same as Cody and Lila) and he was very interested.  The puppies were born late in November and we told them we would take a male.  They sent us pictures of the puppies after they were born and we chose Sampson.  I liked that he had a "collar" of white around his neck. 


We picked him up in February.  He was so cute and little! He seemed to bond to Eric right away.  Eric took him back out to ND when he left that time.  The plan being that he would ride in the truck with Eric like Cody used to.  But little puppies have a lot more energy than old dogs!


The kids and I had not seen him since Eric was home back in the first part of March and he has grown a lot!  I didn't know if it would be noticeable but he is going to catch Lila in size soon.  We originally planned to take the train out to ND to visit Eric so Lila is at the farm with grandpa and grandma and didn't come out this time.  I think the dogs are going to have fun running around the farm together. 


Having a puppy is fun but I am really looking forward to being able to send the dogs outside to run.  Sampson has so much energy that he will run in circles in the house.  I think he and Lila will be able to run each other out. 

1 comment:

  1. He is really an attractive dog ... Lila will be suprised how big he is now!

    G&G D.

    ReplyDelete