February 28, 2012

Kitchen help

Lately Grace has been begging to help wash dishes.  I put her off for a while but then came to a realization.  The sooner Grace learns how to help with household chores, the sooner I will have more time to do other things.  At some point in the future, I will be taking naps with the kids because I will be able to get them to do chores while I work on things they usually don't let me do.  Things I now wait for nap time to accomplish.  Like pay bills or work on organizing pictures. 
Grace has been having a great time helping me out.  She does pretty well, I'm kind of impressed.  Naturally, it takes a really long time for her to get through one meal's dishes. 

She loves washing the dishes and begs to do it at every meal.  I help her now but she will be able to do it herself sometime soon. 

She asked to wear a dress today when I was picking out her clothes.  So I have a pretty princess up to her elbows in dish water.  Sounds like the beginning to a fairy tail...

No comments:

Post a Comment