February 22, 2012

Birthday Boy

Look, I got a picture to upload!  Now I am free to blog away.  I managed to forget my camera when we went to MN for Christmas and JJ's birthday.  Fortunately the camera on my phone nearly as good as the big, fancy "real" camera we bought when JJ was born.  So all was not lost, I got a lot of pictures of my little boy opening presents and eating cake.  Or more specifically, spreading cake all over his face. 

He did a good job making a mess of the cake.  It is always fun to watch a kid get his hands and face dirty when he eats Grandma's birthday cake.  We gave him a bath when he was done with cake.  I know Grace was taken right out to the swimming pool after eating her cake and I think Micah was thrown in the tub after his.  It's a whole lot easier to just dunk the kid in a bath than try to wash cake out of their ears with a washcloth. JJ got a lot of fun toys too.  He has been having fun since we got home spreading all the new toys through the house. 

JJ made great progress on his walking skills while we were in MN too.  When we left home he could take only a couple of steps before falling flat.  By the time we got home he was walking like a pro.  It is so funny to watch such a little person walking around.  Sometimes when he runs through the kitchen with his hands in the air I just have to laugh.  He is really into playing with doors now.  The kitchen cupboards are not as interesting as they once were, he has moved onto the bedroom doors.  If I can't find JJ, I just look in my room.  Chances are he went in and had so much fun swinging the door back and forth, he shut and latched it and got stuck.  Maybe I'll have to get a door stop, or keep the door shut.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweetheart!
    I gave my first (Maddie) a bath in the sink following her first birthday smash cake. I had to change the water TWICE to get her clean! My son will be turning one in a month!

    ReplyDelete