October 29, 2011

Shameless Product Plug - Laundry Soap

Today I'm introducing a new feature that I hope will be a regular part of my blog.  I'm calling it: Shameless Product Plug.  It will be a chance for me to show you, dear reader, some of the things that both me and my family love or use all the time.  Some of the things will be products available in stores, some will be homemade and others, like today's, will be harder to get. I think it will be a fun diversion from the stories and pictures of my kids that this blog is based on!

The first product is actually two products both from Norwex.  First laundry detergent and second dryer balls. 



I like the detergent because it seems to work pretty well.  My brother Andy is a diesel mechanic and he said the only thing he has found that removes the diesel and grease from his jeans is the Norwex laundry soap.  It is also super gentle and fragrance free which is important to me because I wash clothes for babies and small children, a lot of clothes for babies and small children!  Washing my babies clothes in something that will cause them to have skin irritations is not my idea of fun.  I also like it because it is ultra concentrated and comes in a small bag.  It only takes about a teaspoon per load with a high efficiency washer and twice that much for a regular machine.  Now that we live in a camper, saving space is important when I make buying decisions.  The small bag is a lot easier to find a place for than a huge jug of Tide or the enormous tub of dry detergent I usually by at Sam's. 
It runs around $30 for the bag pictured here and is only available from a Norwex dealer.  If you need the name of one, let me know and I will give you the name of mine. 

The other item is dryer balls, also from Norwex.  The purpose of dryer balls is to lift and separate clothes in the dryer  decreasing drying time and eliminating the need for dryer sheets.  Using dryer sheets removes the fire retardant quality of children's pajamas and can, in the case of sensitive skin, cause irritation.  Eric has to wear fire retardant clothing for his job and dryer sheets reduces the fire retardant quality of his clothes too.  Although who does not love the smell of Bounce on their clean clothes!  I am not a big fan of scents in all parts of my life and eliminating the scents in my detergent and when drying clothes makes me happy.  By using dryer balls you can reduce drying time because of what they do in the dryer.  You would think that not using dryer sheets would result in clothes that are full of static electricity, that is not always true.  Over drying is partly to blame for static.  There are some things that still stick to each other, ie. fleece blankets, but overall I have been really happy with my set.  It has been a while since I got mine but I think it is about $20 for a set.  It is a big initial investment but you will eventually get your money back by not purchasing dryer sheets.  Also, if you use the Norwex cleaning cloths or towels you should never use dryer sheets because they coat the fibers of the cloths and reduce their effectiveness.  So even if you don't use dryer balls, you should either line dry your Norwex cloths or dry without dryer sheets. 

Hope you enjoyed my first Shameless Product Plug!  I am working on some more and will maybe make it a weekly thing.  Disclaimer: I do not sell Norwex products and did not receive any free product because of my review, I just like the stuff!

1 comment:

  1. I use both of these items too! They are great. I thought I would miss the smell of fabric softener but I don't. The clothes just smell fresh and clean. Huge fan of the Norwex makeup remover cloths too!

    ReplyDelete