August 18, 2011

It's OK Sweet Cheeks

That is what I spent most of the day Tuesday saying to Micah. We decided to take a stab at potty training. Hahaha I can tell you right now that was a huge failure. Potty training will be put on hold for a while. But we did get some laughs out of the day.
Micah has started to display some traits that some may describe as OCD. For example, when we have pancakes the lid on the syrup must be closed before he can start eating. Woe unto me if I finish getting pancakes ready for everyone and set the bottle down and don't shut the lid. He will crawl across the table to do it himself if I don't do it after he points it out to me: Mama, shut the lid, shut the lid, shut the lid!
Yesterday we had him run around without a diaper on in hopes he would realize when he needed to use the bathroom. Well that was the plan, he didn't do much running. He spent the first half hour standing in one place crying. He had no idea what to do with himself when everything is not as it should be. After a while we realized, through the crying and blubbering, he was asking for a diaper.
He eventually calmed down enough to play with Grace. They played on the floor for quite a while then we noticed Micah was missing. Worried that I would find him in the bedroom next to a puddle or pile of something I ran to his room. He was laying on the bed where I usually change his diaper waiting for me to put a clean one on him. Guess potty training will have to wait for another day. Although waiting for Micah to be less OCD about having pants on or using a diaper may be a long wait...

1 comment:

  1. This epidsode in Micah's life brought much fun and laughter to the dinner table yesterday!! Such a neat little man! Love the pics - keep em coming!

    Grandpa and Grandma D.

    ReplyDelete