Yesterday morning I asked Grace what she wanted for breakfast. She has a pretty good grasp of the English language but I had some difficulty figuring out what she wanted. She kept saying she wanted "Eggs in a round barrel with cheese." You try to figure out what she meant!
It finally came to me. I like me a good breakfast wrap from McDonalds filled with peppers, sausage, potatoes, salsa and eggs. I have been known to whip up an extremely edited version of that delight for breakfasts in the past. Grace wanted fried eggs wrapped in a tortilla with cheese like she had seen me eat. Where she came up with that name/description I have no idea. Where do kids get these things?
So, eggs in a round barrel with cheese it is!
Eggs
Cheese
Tortilla
Fry or scramble eggs to desired doneness. Warm tortilla. Place eggs on warmed tortilla, top with cheese and roll up. Add any other things you like before rolling up. Someday when I am no longer nursing I will saute red and green bell peppers and onions before I put the eggs in the pan and top the whole thing with salsa. Some crumbled bacon or sausage would probably be a nice addition. I have had breakfast wraps with tater tots in them as well. Have fun with the cheese too, sliced cheese, shredded cheddar or mozzarella, maybe even shredded Parmesan.
However you make it, just remember it is: eggs in a round barrel with cheese.
Sounds yummy! I remember you making those before work!
ReplyDeleteLove the pics - keep 'em coming!
Enjoy your day in the Lord! C&W
hahahahahaha!!! love it!
ReplyDeletelove this!
ReplyDeletemom