Grace went to her first non-family member birthday party a couple of weeks ago. It was a princess themed party and per the invitation she wore her prettiest ball gown complete with tiera.

Grandma was here to help her get ready, she even sewed a bracelet to the dress for a little added decoration.

The "experts" say you should offer your children toys that are marketed to both genders so your child does not get forced into gender stereotypes and is free to choose the things they like best not based on what society believes they should like. I can't help dressing her up in pretty dresses. If I can't choose her clothes when she is three there is always the chance I will have lost my chance at pretty, frilly girly things. She has her whole life ahead of her to dress like a boy and play with trucks. Although, knowing her, I don't think she will stop liking pretty dresses any time soon. And that is just fine with me!
Pretty little lady - fun and loving Grandmother! Grace has the gift to enjoy both - sort of like her Mommie - jeans and farm and tractors/pretty dresses, jewelry and tea parties! She will probably love those rodeos too! The older you get, the more you realize that most experts, aren't.
ReplyDeleteLove U Grandma D.