It was a three-piece deal. We got an 18 year old mother pony and her 3 year old and 5 month old offspring. Their names are: Tess, Suzie and Lucky, but if you ask Grace she will say "Bob and Suzie!" We haven't worked out a saddle yet but Eric wanted to let Grace ride one so we plopped her on the back of the oldest one and he lead them around the yard.
She did pretty well bare back and constantly asks if we can go see the ponies. The old one is very gentle so we don't have to worry about the kids around her. What am I saying, kid, Micah will have nothing to do with them! I brought him down close to Tess while Grace was brushing her and he just leaned away. Maybe he will be more interested as he gets a little older. 
It was pretty important to Grace to brush the pony, there are two brushes so she made sure I had one too. I'm glad we were able to get her a couple of horses and think that ponies are a great place to start. We will maybe have some full sized horses someday but we won't need them until the kids get too big for the ones we have, which not be for another couple of years.
No comments:
Post a Comment