September 13, 2010

Happy Birthday

Today is Eric's dad Cliff's birthday. Thank you for being a great dad, father-in-law and grandpa. I know our kids love spending time with you and you have helped to make me feel welcome in your family. I hope you have a great day and many more!

This afternoon we are going to find out the gender of Baby #3. Until then you can enjoy these pictures from the day Eric and I spent together for my birthday.

We spent almost the whole day at the state fair, I love the fair! We got there pretty early in the morning and it was nice to walk around some before the crowds got too big. We saw cows, sheep, pigs, butter sculptures, prize winning cheese, lawn mowers, campers, play houses and some fancy swing sets. We spent some time in the animal birthing barn and were able to be there in time to see both a pig and a cow give birth. The vet for the farm was scheduled to attend the births for a couple hours in the afternoon when we were there so Eric got to talk to him for a little while. We talked with the vet student that was helping him out and asked her where she was going after graduation. She answered, a small town in south eastern North Dakota, guessing we would probably not know the town if she had given a name. Ha, joke's on her, the town ended up being less than an hour from where I grew up and a few minuets from where I was born.

We ate a lot too! Cheese curds, Sweet Martha's Cookies, endless cup of milk, hotdish on a stick, corn dogs, hot dogs with fried onions, and lots of other good things.




After the fair we went to a Twins game. It was fun to see the new stadium, neither of us had been there yet. They ended up winning at the very last second.


After the game we watched a little of the post game show that they film right at the stadium. It was kind of fun to see how a live TV show works, plus some of the post-game traffic had time to clear.

It was a very long day and I was more than happy to go home and get into bed. We got home so late that the kids ended up staying at grandpa and grandma's overnight. I missed them! Maybe they will be able to enjoy the fair in a couple of years, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment