March 31, 2010

Meemah

It's been a big couple of weeks for little Micah. We had him dedicated at church a couple of weeks ago. I was just hoping that he would not spit up all over Pastor Wally! He did very good, when Pastor Wally took him, Micah gave him a big, wet kiss.
All of Eric's family made it, my mom and brother David even came! We had lunch at our house after and it turned out pretty well, despite the fact that I let myself get so stressed any time we have people over. Wendy ended up coming over Saturday afternoon to help me get things ready and that helped a lot!


Another big event happened this week, Lucas held Micah for the first time!!! He has flat out refused to touch him since we brought him home from the hospital over six months ago. I'm not sure if he is scared he will hurt him or he is worried he will spit up all over, either way he would not even touch him. In the past month or so Lucas had started to talk to him, as long as Micah was in some kind of chair. The other day he announced at supper that he would hold Micah now that he is six months old. I think Micah liked him!


Micah is fascinated by the dogs. Any time he sees them run by he stops to look. If I am sitting on the floor with him and one of them comes over to me he tries as hard as he can to get it. He has been pretty good with them, touching them gently and petting their fur. He has to be watched very closely though, in one second he can have an ear in his chubby little hands and be pulling as hard as he can. Fortunately our dogs are very long suffering, no one has gotten hurt yet.


And now for our regularly scheduled monthly picture of Micah in his rocking chair. It is getting harder to get him to sit still (see above mentioned dogs). He is still pretty chubby, I love it! Grace was always so thin, it is kind of fun to see little rolls on his arms and neck.



Look, they are both smiling! I can't help trying to get a picture when they are laughing at each other. Even if he is not eating, we almost always pull Micah up to the table to sit with us. He is getting to be more fun all of the time as he discovers new things he can do and sounds he can make. He has also gotten two more teeth for a total of four, two on top and two on the bottom. No more toothless grin!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how big Micah is getting! Six months went by so fast! By the way, I love that evil grin on Gracie's face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous picture of them laughing together - precious gifts from God!!

    GD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I need to see him before he starts walking!!

    ReplyDelete